Auto Charge D Pump Plus
Product Code: 091-9-DPP-CHARGER
- 33A total: 28A charger, 5A battery saver
- Automatic operation regulates output to a dual battery bank
- Designed for DDEC Vehicles
- A patented built-in sense circuit checks battery voltage 120 times per second to compensate for voltage drop in charging wires providing quick re-charge, with no overcharge
- Battery Saver automatically disconnects auxiliary vehicle loads from battery when charger is energized
- Air Compressor power mode selector switch
- DC Powered full time from vehicle battery
- AC Powered only when from battery when vehicle plugged into shore power
- Remote Bar Graph Display included
- 3 year warranty on Charger
The Auto Charge D Pump Plus automatic battery charger is designed especially for vehicles with a DDEC engine control and a separate engine battery. These vehicles have a unique problem. The vehicle may have a number of batteries connected in parallel in order to obtain sufficient capacity for the electrical loads. The engine usually has only a single battery, isolated from the vehicle battery and dedicated to powering the engine electronic controls. This configuration requires complete isolation between the chargers and automatic charging of both batteries. Also, a high capacity charger is required for the vehicle while only a small amount of charge is required to maintain the engine battery.
A dual bar graph display is provided to indicate the state of charge of each battery. The display is conveniently labeled "VEHICLE" and "ENGINE" battery.
A 5 Amp Battery Saver is provided to power rechargeable hand lights or other accessories. The Battery Saver automatically disconnects these accessory loads from the battery and powers them from an internal power supply. This removes the accessory loads from the battery during charging.
A Selector Switch is provided on the charger to operate the Auto Pump 12V either in D.C. mode or in A.C. mode. In either switch position the compressor operates from the vehicle's battery. When "D.C." is selected, the compressor operates whenever the pressure switch senses low system pressure. This is useful when parking the vehicle away from the 110 volt input power. For those operators who wish to limit compressor operation to the times when the shoreline is connected to the vehicle, the Selector Switch should be placed in the "A.C." position. This will operate the compressor when the A.C. power is available, but shuts off the compressor when the shoreline is removed.
|Charger, Output Amperage||28|
|Battery Saver||5 Amp|
|Charger with Remote Display included||yes|
|Input Fuse||12 Amps, Fast Acting|
|Input||120 Vac, 50/60 Hz, 8 Amps Max|
|Output||Vehicle Battery - 12 Vdc, 25 Amp, Engine Battery - 12 Vdc, 3 Amps|
|Output Fuse||Vehicle Battery - 50 Amp Waterproof Circuit Breaker (Part #: 090-0050-0), Engine Battery - 6 Amps|
|Battery Saver Overload Indicator||Indicates Battery Saver Exceeded 5 Amps|